Friday, October 12, 2012

Squirrels and a pub story

We've been having a constant visitor in our garden, a squirrel. I have taken several pictures of him climbing on the bird feeder, it seems like he jumps from the garage roof.

 I decided to move the feeder and put it over by the fountain.
Today we were very entertained with the squirrel antics, trying to find out how he could get to the new feeder place. He climbed on the house roof, moved over to the pergola, tried to jump to the feeder, almost fell on the fountain, etc. He was not able to get to it but it was very amusing to watch.
I felt  for him for trying so hard, and I put some food in the small bird fountain. Soo he found it and ate happily. Then another squirrel came in, and so it went. Lulu was really aggravated watching all the wildlife roaming around her garden!
Afterwards Lizzie, Marvin and I went out to eat at Maggie's Pub.

(don't know why the double picture)
Marvin was feeling  good and we were looking forward to a nice fish dinner. After we were seated, I realized that my chair was all wet and my pants  got soaked. It had been raining and the waitress said the roof might have leaked. She
offered to change us to a different table but I just changed my seat and was a little uncomfortable. But the fish was very good.
When we got he bill, I went to the hostess and explained the problem with the water, and we got a discount on our meal. She was very nice about it, and then she asked me if I was a teacher, I said yes. She asked if I worked at Jersey, I said yes, and then she said you were my Kindergarten teacher! then her sister who is a waitress there came over and she said hi Mrs. Wann :)
 
All in all it was a pleasant day.
 

No comments: