Wednesday, August 8, 2012

This and That

On Tuesday,  I tried to get Marvin ready for dialysis, but he awoke confused and listless and just wanted to keep sleeping. He was acting much like the way he was June 4th. It is very disturbing, even though I sort of knew what was happening, it is hard to deal with. Kaiser told me to call 911, which I did. In no time we had a huge firetruck, a paramedics truck and an ambulance in front of the house. 12 big firemen came in and worked on Marvin checking BP, sugar level etc and decided he needed to be transported to the nearest hospital immediately, and then proceeded to do so.
He stayed at the Whittier Communityt Hospital ER and after some tests, he was transferred to Kaiser Irvine. He was released today.
My friend Jennifer drove me to pick him up since I hate to drive highways and it's about an hour from home. We first stopped to eat at the Daily Grill in Irvine.

Marvin's brother and sisters have been visiting Friday and Monday. They brought their little poodle Petey. He has a bad attitude and is always trying to bite Lulu.

Petey is Dewey's dog but he seems to have become Mary's dog now. She's always carrying him on her arms, and she reluctantly puts him down in the backyard to play with Lulu. It was pretty funny.


Lizzie was here last weekend, the 3 of us went to Johnny Rebs and had a nice time, she's also coming this weekend, after spending a couple of days days in Disneyland for Dakota's 15th birthday.


Sandy is getting prepared for her surgery on Monday. I wish I could be of more help to her, but she knows I will be with her in my thoughts.


To my readers, I love you all :)

1 comment:

emtes said...

Love you too <3

Sorry to hear about Marvin being ill again but I hope he recovers.

I will also be thinking of Sandy, of course, on her operation. I have 2 friends who did the same operation in June and they are up and about now but still of course doing rehab.

Have a wonderful weekend and big hugs to you all.

And Jo, Take care!

Your sis Mia :-)