Monday, August 20, 2012

Estate Sale

There was a Estate Sale down the street from my house. In an house with turrets, lived an old woman with her sons and daughter. There was always a bunch of things in the garage, they fixed fancy cars, etc. I don't know much about them. Marvin said the father was in jail. Anyway, the matriarch of the clan died  about a couple of weeks ago, and so they had a sale in their large front yard. I saw it driving by and told Lizzie about it and this morning, we walked down to see what they had, Lulu came along. I was afraid she would bark and growl at all the stuff but she was well behaved and strangely quiet. Overwhelmed maybe :)

It was quite a different sale. There was so much stuff. The main things were hundreds of stuffed animals, all sizes and shapes, mostly bears, but also rabbits and other species. Most of the animals wore outfits.



There was also a long table full of  cats, also all sizes and shapes. Most of them ceramic.

There were about 5 or 6 big doll houses. They were rather pretty. Fairly old, well made, Victorian style. Also at least 2  fancy decorative bird cages. I thought they were quite interesting looking and pretty. Some interesting furniture as well.

And dolls. All kinds. Some life like, some scary looking, there were also 2 large prams. This one in the picture had a beautiful dress on. You can see a doll house in the background.



I think I've become somewhat obsessed with the whole thing. I debated for a long time whether to go back and buy stuff (a birdcage for $40.00), a nice piece of furniture that was white with an oval mirror and 3 drawers, really nice (was $40, but I could have it for $30). I'm pretty sure if Lizzie had not been here I would have gone and bought them. But she kept me sane lol. I really have no room for it and I don't need more stuff.

Lizzie took a bunch of pictures and put them in Facebook. I will put some of the same here too. But it doesn't really do justice to the sheer amount of stuff they had for sale.


Today was the last day and there were tons of stuff left. I wonder what they'll do with it.

In other news, I fell off the bed and woke up on the floor this morning!

No comments: