Sunday, April 22, 2012

Marvin's 72nd Birthday

Yesterday was Marvin's birthday. He turned 72 years old. We were happy to celebrate with our daughters Sandy and Lizzie, and of course, our dervilish/angelic dog Lulu.

 It was a very nice day. In the morning, the girls took Marvin to dialysis, then they came home to pick me up and we went to El Cholo for lunch.
My Margarita was so strong that I had the girls drive me home so I could nap lol. They went to the store to do some shopping.

When they came back they went to pick up Marvin, the FedEx man came by with a package. I could tell they were flowers for Marvin from Mia :) He was happily surprised when he came home and some the gorgeous roses, and candy and the little bear. Lulu fell in love with the bear! she wanted it.

 The girls cooked dinner under Marvin's supervision. It was really yummy and the best part was that I did nothing! I really enjoy my meals a lot better when I don't have to cook it. We had potato salad and deviled eggs, asparagus, and fried catfish. For dessert strawberry pie with whipped cream.Delicious!
The girls gave Marvin a iPod, so he can listen to music whenever he wants.( I got one too for Mother's Day a little earlier:)
All in all it was a lovely day.
Today Sunday his brother and sisters and Christina and Rick are coming. We are having a taco bar featuring carnitas!
Then Marvin wants to go for a ride in his SSR...he misses that car!

No comments: