Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I feel the earth move...

We had a minor earthquake (4.4) at 4:04AM. It woke me up with a rumbling noise and a jolt, and I thought earthquake and jumped off the bed. The epicenter was pretty close to La Mirada, in Pico Rivera.
Thankfully there were no casualties, or damage, other than a few things thrown around. Nothing at home.
I went back to bed and slept a couple hours longer. When I got to work, my little kindergartners were all excited about it, they even said they understood about the drills we have at school every so often :)
Tonight, Jennifer and I went to dinner at Acapulco, and she is staying overnight.
Lizzie is going to Austin Texas with Jeff tomorrow for a few days. I know they will enjoy the time there.
Tttttthat's all folks!!!

1 comment:

emtes said...

That's too cloose for comfort! I'm glad to hear you're OK and in good health.
Great that you and Jennifer enjoy yourselves. Give her a hug from me.
Hope you have a good day :-) Love you.
Hugs from your sister Mia :-)