Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend


Even though my own Valentine was miles away, I had a very pleasant weekend.

Friday we had a Valentine's party in my class, it was fun, they exchanged cards and we ate a friendship mix (they all brought a baggie full of their favorite dry snack and then we mixed it all together. I also got a lot of gifts, flowers, chocolates etc. from my darling kiddies :)
Lizzie came over Friday night and we chose to stay at home and watch the opening of the Winter Olympic Games. We had croquetas and a ham and cheese sandwich. Saturday morning we went to Artika, a hair salon, to get our hair done. Lizzie had her hair trimmed and shaped, I thought it looked very nice (she posted a picture in Facebook), I had my hair colored a deep warm brown and cut and styled, I thought it looked pretty good. We both had a facial as our choice of "sensory
ritual" it was really relaxing and nice, my skin felt all tingly and fresh. Afterwards we went to Acapulco for a Margarita and yummy Mexican food. We really enjoyed our time together :)
In the minus side, my computer decided to stop working, all I was getting was the dreaded blue screen. I tried several times and it was always the same.:(Lizzie and I went to Best Buy to see if the Geek Squad would come to take a look, a very pleasant Asian young man told me that it probably was terminal because of the age of the computer (what was it 5 years?), Lizzie and I looked at several computers and I decided to wait until Marvin came back to buy one. I was upset because I like Windows XP and is a hassle to change to a new computer, plus the cost of it.
Lizzie left later and I turned off the computer and everything else that's hooked to it.
Just before I went to sleep I decided to turn it again and..SURPRISE! it just started as normal and has been working well ever since. YAY!
Today's Valentine's Day, I was surprised with a gorgeous bouquet from my sister Mia! She's such a thoughtful person. I am so happy she is a part of my life.
Tomorrow I have the day off and I will go to Huntington Beach for lunch with Norbert. I hope is a beautiful sunny day as it was today.
Marvin called me tonight and said he slipped and fell off the bathtub in Sandy's house, he was OK, but said he might have a big bruise in his rear end. He's supposed to leave tomorrow with Tristan and Osi to come back home. I told him to wait another day if he's feeling sore. We'll see. I'm glad he didn't get hurt. It'll be very nice to have Marvin,Tristan and Osi home :)

No comments: