Sunday, February 28, 2010

Something funny,,,


The day before our anniversary, I asked Marvin if he had planned something, he turned to Tristan and asked him to tell me about it. Tristan looked at me and said because we had been married for so long and it takes a lot to be married this long, he would take us to dinner at The Olive Garden. I have to say I was surprised and touched :)

So the evening of our 45th Anniversary we all dressed up and left to the restaurant. As usual there was a waiting line, but after about 20 minutes we were seated. I asked Tristan if there was a limit on what to order, he waved his hand and said to have anything we wanted. He had spaghetti, Marvin had some Four Cheese Stuffed Pansotti with Chicken and I just had appetizers because I had had a big lunch that day. But I was wanting Zeppoli with chocolate sauce for dessert!!!

After we ate, the check came and Tristan took it and looked at it and waved 2 $20.00 bills and said he didn't have enough cash, then he took a credit card out of his wallet and with a flourish he put it with the check. I was again surprised, but I thought that this all must have been Sandy's idea of giving him one of those prepaid visa cards, to surprise us on our anniversary.

So now here comes the check back with the credit card, ready for signing. I asked Marvin, can he sign a card or is it one of those prepaid cards, he shrugged his shoulders and I took the credit card to find out what kind it was and....it was a Master Charge with the name Alonzo Wann!!!! they tricked me!!! they both were laughing that I fell for it.

The zeppoli were great!!!!

3 comments:

emtes said...

Great fun. I understand if you were surprised by T's generosity and also having a creditcard at such young age. Those two really tricked you :-D
I'm glad you had a great anniversary.
I might go to Barcelona at the end of April. Not sure yet, I have to see what happens (which is still a secret I think) I will tell you if I do.
Hugs and kisses.
Love you
Mia :-)

RedRed said...

Funny! Good one, Tristan!

La cuina vermella said...

Hola, hem llegit que ets de Barcelona, doncs res que et fem arribar una abraçada ben mediterrània.!