Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why I was crying in Facebook :)

On the last day of November, Monday the 30th, I tended my resignation from LLCSD. The incentive given by the District was too good to pass, and I had been thinking of retiring this year or next anyway. Kindergarten is getting to be too much about reading and writing and pushing pushing the children, it's all about scores and tests. There really is not a lot of fun anymore, although I try to keep some of the "old" kindergarten feeling alive for the kids.
I already had some thoughts in mind about things to do in retirement at least for the first couple of years.
Well...today the superintendent of personnel called me at school to tell me there were not enough teachers wanting to retire this year, and he had to rescind my resignation.
Which means, I have to work an extra year (2010-11)in order to have my 25 years of service and thus retire with an adequate monthly income.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :)

3 comments:

emtes said...

I'm so sorry for you!! I know when you have your heart set on something and it doesn't work out it feels awful. I can't understand how they can do that to you when you alreday had agreed. Bummer anyway but a year passes by very quickly, doesn't it.
Hugs and kisses
your sis Mia :-)

RedRed said...

That totally sucks! I know how difficult it was for you to come to the decision to retire, and to have your mind made up and then be told that it won't happen...BOOOO to them!

lizzie said...

Wow, I am behind on the news! Mom, I'm so sorry about this. I know it was an agonizing decision to begin with and then to not have it go the way you expected is I'm sure very disappointing. I'm certain, though, that you will rally for that last year and make it great for those little munchkins.