Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happenings

This has been a different week. On Monday, Jennifer and I went to dinner at Acapulco, Marvin didn't come because he had an earache. Jennifer spent the night here and we had a nice talk , we don't see each other much in school anymore. Tuesday & Wednesday, we had the same people that did our kitchen doing the service area, they put down the same floor as in the kitchen and painted, changed the lights and the faucets for the washer and dryer, they also installed the new washer and dryer. Marvin was still complaining of a sore ear and headaches.
Thursday morning as I was getting ready to go to work, Marvin came to my room looking pale and shaky and asked me to take him to ER, his ears and head hurt a lot and his balance was a little off , he couldn't hear and had some double vision. I called my principal and told her I wouldn't be going today, it was too late to call for a sub, but luckily they found one after all.
The ER for Kaiser is at the new building in Imperial Hwy. It's a huge building and everything is nice and new. The checked him in right away. He had a bad infection in both ears, he prescribed codeine and antibiotics and was released. On the way home, he took some of the codeine and immediately he felt a little better. Then I noticed the lights in the car had come on saying the tires needed air, I was also low in gas. When we got home, Marvin went to bed and I called Norbert, he came soon after and took care of the tires and the gas, then we went to Acapulco. He's leaving to Las Vegas next week so we wished each other a Happy Christmas.
Also this week we had a lot of rain, it is very needed but when it rains people in Los Angeles forget how to drive! I went to do a little shopping today Saturday. That was totally stressful, the rain, the people...lol I am the worse shopper ever!
Marvin is feeling a little better today but is still weak and hurting, I hope he feels better this coming week as we were planning on leaving a week from today. I am afraid I'm coming down with a cold too :(
So here's for better days next week!!!

1 comment:

emtes said...

I'm so sorry to hear Marvin is so sick. I hope the antibiotics will help him soon and you both will be well and heading for SLC.
Take care Jo so you don't get worse too.
Big get-well-hugs for you both.
Mia :-)
Love you and think of you!