Sunday, August 16, 2009

Memorials etc.


On Saturday I went to a Memorial Service for the mother of one of the staff members in my school. I had met the lady once at a school Christmas party at her house. She died at 83 of Lou Gehrig's disease, she was born in Scotland, moved to Canada, and lived most of her adult life in California.
I have to tell you when the Scottish piper came down the aisle, I had a meltdown! I just cried and cried, it was interesting. I am a crier by nature, but this was way over. I was seated in the family row and I think most people thought I was like a long lost daughter or something.
I think what happened is I was mourning my mother . I never went to her funeral and maybe this memorial service (complete with family members talking about her and a slide show) did bring me closure.

4 comments:

emtes said...

I think so too Jo and I'm glad you got that closure.
Is that you, Nuri and your Mom on that picture? It looks like you but why in that book?
Hugs and kisses. Love you

Kteach said...

Well yes it's a picture of my mom, Nuri and me, and you know me and PSP).... :)

lizzie said...

Oh, Mom! I'm glad you were able to get that closure for your mom. It sounds like it was very emotional. And what you did with the portrait is so awesome! I love it!

RedRed said...

I like the way you put the picture in the book. Very cool.