Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kindergarten Open House



Well the day arrived. Open House! I am exhausted, I have been cleaning, and dusting, and rearranging, and decorating for 3 straight days after the children went home. I was wondering how come I was working and doing so much, then it dawned on me: Last year Mia helped me get the room ready! She was really a big help :)

Anyway, the evening went very well, I had 18 out of 20 students represented, there came moms and dads and grandparents and siblings, a full stream of people from 6:00 to 7:30PM.

I got very nice comments and thanks from everybody. I was pleased with the results.

Afterwards, jennifer and I met Marvin at the Acapulco Restaurant for our traditional dinner, complete with Margaritas. Marvin had a coupon for a free entree for his birthday, he and Jennifer had shrimp fajitas, I had taquitos with jalapeno relish. When we finished, the waiter brought a flan and we all sang Happy Birthday to Marvin.

I am about ready to go to bed now, Jennifer is already sleeping. Marvin is watching CSI.

Good night everybody! or good morning :)



3 comments:

lizzie said...

that's a great shot of your classroom! glad it went so well!

emtes said...

Oh, I remember it so well. It was so fun to help you. I really did enjoy it! And also being there in the evening meeting all the parents. I think your classroom looked really nice this year as well :-)
And the Acapulco restaurant.It was so nice and I remember that wonderful margarita I had there,don't remember the name but it had pineapple in it.
Say hi to Jennifer and Marvin for me and a big hug.Love you :-)

RedRed said...

the room looks cute!