Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break


I was going to write every day from Utah, but I forgot my blog password, so I ended up not blogging at all. S more or less wrote about the days we spent there, now is my turn.

The trip to Utah went very well, an easy drive, not too much traffic and nice clear skies. We spent the night in Beaver. We usually stop at the same motel and eat at the same place, Kan Kun. It's quite nice Mexican Restaurant in the middle of nowhere, we always enjoy eating there.

It was freezing when we left in the morning, but it got warmer as the sun came out. Again as usual, we stopped in Fillmore for breakfast: potato logs and a crispito for me. Tasty!

We got to West Valley and it was so nice to see the family. It had not been too long since we had seen them since they were in La Mirada on the way to their Mexican cruise, but because we live so far apart, it's always a treat to be with them. Unfortunately we brought germs with us, M and I we both had a cold, and S caught our cold too :(

We spent a nice ,relaxed week. We went out to dinner to a place I had been wanting to try called The Red Iguana. I had sirloin tips with peppers and onions over almond mole. I thought it was tasty, S didn't love it! Sandy made spaghetti one day, I made Spanish meatballs another day, and M made catfish on good Friday. Saturday we had ribs cooked by MT in their brand new BBQ grill. That was the day S and I went shopping.

T and I had a nice talk about toothbrushing, and we did roughhouse quite a bit lol. I hope he remembers our secret password! Of course T and his grandpa enjoyed their daily shopping/bonding too!

On Easter morning, we watched T hunting for eggs, he got quite a few candies and $$$. After that, M and I said our goodbyes and hit the road again.

See you in Summer!!!!!

No comments: