Friday, January 25, 2013

A do-nothing day

I have been watching a lot of movies lately. Late at night. The last ones I watched were "Jeff who lives at home" "Sleep walk with me" "Celeste and Jesse forever" and so on, many of them are Indie type movies and I had not heard much about them  before watching them. I enjoyed them.

But I have not been going to sleep before 2-3AM most of this week.

This morning, not a dialysis day, Marvin had a shower, and I changed him, then I fed Lulu and took her outside. It was around 9:30AM and I told Marvin I was going back to bed, which I did.

I woke up around noon and was hungry, so I cooked pancakes and bacon for us. Then I went to my room and turned on the computer and checked my mail and Facebook, and played some games.

After days of 80 degrees weather, yesterday and today we had lots of rain. It was not cold, just gray and rainy and I felt like doing nothing. So I went back to bed. And slept. At some point, Lulu jumped in bed with me (a no no) but I just let her, she sat down by my feet and was nice and quiet.

I woke up at 4, and did some laundry. And took Lulu out and read my book and watched some TV, and talked to Marvin about dinner.

I had made chicken enchiladas the day before and had some leftovers but we didn't want to have it again, so I suggested Chinese food. On a rainy day won ton soup sounded appealing. So that's what we had, along with  sweet and sour chicken. By the way, this week has been an all chicken week. I have cooked chicken tacos, chicken and farfalle, chicken and dumplings, chicken salad, and chicken enchiladas.

So I called Jay's Kitchen and ordered dinner and went to pick it up. There was nothing much on TV so Marvin went to bed fairly early. I took Lulu outside and played with her a little and she went to her kennel and is nicely sleeping.

Now is 11:11PM and I am not sleepy. Should I watch another movie? But then I will get in the same cycle as before. I guess that's what it means to be retired :)

No comments: