Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The birds


I think because we had so much rain and it's been pretty cold, some birds have found a little haven in the awning by the dining room. Lizzie calls it our B&B for birds. We had one for a long time, but lately, there's been two of them, one next to the other. 

My neighbor Amy gave me a little birdhouse that we put outside and birds love it. We also put a bird feeder on the crepe myrtle tree and is fun to see all the birds eating and flying around. Even doves.

The birds are finches, the male has a red head and chest, and the female is just plain. At first I thought it was a sparrow, but now I'm sure our guests are female finches.
window feeder
                                                               B&B but hard to see
                                                                          tree feeder

I wonder if they'll still hang around when the weather is warmer.







No comments: