Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November Recap

 Here we are at the end of another month. The girls have done a good job writing quite often during this month, I tried but didn't post much, even though I had plenty of time to write. Just lazy. Like Lulu


The girls got back from Greece and Sandy flew back to SLC on November 1st.

Lizzie went to LM Theater, and the next day I went to my podiatrist, and we had lunch at A'Roma

November 6 was DST and I was off all week because of it, plus we got RAIN! and it was chilly. Saturday the 12th we had a very nice linner at Kentro, a Greek Restaurant. Very good.

I had avgolemono soup and souvlaki with wild rice and tzatsiki

On the 17th we went to San Juan Capistrano to see the Mission. I last went there 2 years ago with Norbert, Lizzie had never been there. It's a lovely place to walk around and learn about the history of the California Missions, San Juan Capistrano was founded by the Spanish in 1776, when St. Junípero Serra established this Mission.

The swallows go back to the Mission every March 9th

The main altar, made in Barcelona

Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano 



         We had lunch at the lovely patio of L'Hirondelle,  right across the Mission

Saturday the 19th, was Lizzie's 51st birthday. She likes to hike, so I got her some hiking shoes and a walking stick, then we went to the Cedar Creek Restaurant for dinner

Happy Birthday Lizzie
My Monte Cristo, delicious!

L had a Dr appointment on the 22nd, and the next day we went to Marshall for our Pre Christmas shopping spree. That was fun.
 
November 24th was Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate traditional Thanksgiving very much (last year we had fish tacos) but for some reason I felt like having turkey, so we went to Black Angus. I had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, sweet potatoes, garlic broccoli, cheesy bread and pumpkin pie.

On Saturday we went to Regional Park with Lulu for a nice walk, it was a lovely day.


I want to go see the sunset and have dinner at Huntington Beach today, but it's been cloudy and cold.

BOOKS I'VE READ THIS MONTH


MOVIES I'VE WATCHED THIS MONTH

 







 










2 comments:

RedRed said...

It seems like November was a nice month for you :)

Lizzie said...

We did a lot of stuff in November!