Sunday, April 19, 2020

.Oh Mother Nature!

My daughter lives in Utah. As of lately, there's been several earthquakes and after shocks in the area around Magna, about 15 miles from Salt Lake City. The biggest one was 5.7  There's also been smaller ones in Idaho.


I live near Los Angeles, and so far we haven't had any -knock on wood- but there's always some smaller ones. On April 19, there was a  6.3 earthquake in Japan.

Volcanoes are acting up as well . There's many volcanoes active around the world. Lately the largest one was in Krakatou, Indonesia (level 3 eruption)

I like watching live webcams from around the world at
 It's an awesome site. It's so interesting to zoom into any city in the world and see how they are coping with the Corona virus. Most cities around the world are totally empty with just a few vehicles, and very few people walking around.. Those webcams are LIVE, so when is night in the US is daytime in Europe, for instance.
 I noticed there seems to be more people walking around in Ireland and Prague than in other countries. In the US the webcam in Virginia City Nevada always shows a fair amount of people and motorcycles roaming about.

Last night, a little past midnight, I was watching different countries, and then I checked Italy. I saw a webcam from Mt Etna and watched it for a while. There was a very light plume of white smog under a blue sky. I watched other cams but had that one on in the background. I started hearing a noise  like a rattle and checked back to Mt Etna. Black smoke started coming out, getting thicker to the point that soon it became dark skies. There was a big rumbling noise and even the webcam was shaking. It was awesome!. I took a picture when it started erupting:

This was at 10:49AM Italian time, 1:49AM My time.  When the smoke covered the sun it got all dark and I couldn't take more pictures.

It was soo cool to see the eruption live.

Earth Day is this Wednesday. Let's all be kind to Earth so it will be kind to us.


2 comments:

swedish-spanish rockmom said...

Everything seems to happen at the same time. Lot of very harsh weather. There has been tornados, volcanos erupting, eart quakes, flooding, storms and Corona virus.
Do you think Mother Earth wants to tell us something and warn us to continue as we have been doing.
Look what this virus has brought. Clear blue skies. You can see the Himalayas, HongKong without smog, China with blue skies and animals taking over or back streets.
Have you seen the photo of the lions sleeping on what used to be a busy road.


I hope this virus will stop sooner than later and like you say we have learnt something and won't go back to what we used to do. I don't mind being in my house all the time except for the fact I can't be with Eddie, the boys and Mandy and also the big children in Gavle. Other than that I work at home, I do my exercise, I go for walks in the forest, watch TV, hang out with Hasse so I'm quite good actually.

But we wouldn't have been without the technology we have today that allows us to have video meetings, have digital parties, send that gala cross the world which aired Sunday.

I'm so so sad that you won't be able to come here. They have prolonged the prohibitation to entry from other countries into Sweden until beginning of June (I think it was)

Take care, wash your hands, stay indoor and most of all stay safe
Love you
Mia

RedRed said...

It does seem like the world has gone a bit mad and that Mother Nature is displeased.