Monday, November 14, 2016

The elusive moon

Tonight the moon is closer to the earth than it has been in the last 68 years, it won't be as close again until 2034. This is a SUPER MOON.

I have been excited to see it. I wish I was in the desert or someplace where it was dark and clear. I thought of going to the beach and see the sunset and then the moon rise.

I remember one evening  we were driving from Twin Falls to Burley, and all of a sudden I look just ahead of me and a HUGE orange yellow ball was straddling the freeway. My heart stopped for a minute, it was such an awesome sight.  I saw my best moons when I lived in Idaho, probably because of the altitude and the clear skies.

Today I started wondering where would be the best place to see the moon in all its glory. Marv suggested Hillsborough drive, but there's no parking places there,  also at the end of Alicante there's a park and maybe that would be a good place, overlooking the West Coyote Hills, but there were having  sports nights at the park and the field lights were very bright so it was no good. I kept driving around (Lulu was with me) and ended up  by LMHS. We got out and walked around little. It was dark but no moon anywhere. We drove around some more, and still no Moon. Finally I gave up and went to Pizza Hut and ordered a pizza to go for dinner as per Marv's request.

As I was driving up my driveway, I look ahead, and there it was, the elusive super moon shining brightly!  


Not exactly how I wanted to see it, but it was very nice anyway.

That's probably how I'd like to have seen the super moon, lucky Australians!


No comments: