Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Royalty

I have not been posting too much lately because there's not a lot of new things to say.

My new computer is working fine and I have been downloading and uploading stuff, and playing with it.

I watched the wedding of Sofia and Carl from Sweden. They had 3 royal weddings in the last 5 years, all of them were great .There was also the birth of Victoria and Madeleine daughters, and just yesterday Madeleine had a baby boy.

I have to admit I was surprised at the amount of horrible comments about Sofia's past. To me they looked to be so happy and so much in love. It's interesting how many royals have married "commoners". I guess they need new blood, there's been too much inbreeding. BTW I think the boyfriend of her sister Lina was very good looking ;)

I'm just wondering who pays for all that? the Swedish taxpayers? I have read there's a lot of Swedish people that love the royals -my sister among them- but also there's a lot that  don't  like the Monarchy. I think the same happens in a lot of countries with royals. I know the Spanish Monarchy is not loved by the majority of people in Spain.

I liked to see their weddings and baptisms, etc. I like to look at the way they dress and act, is fun. I enjoyed the baptism of the baby twins of Monaco. Is just like movies, wearing their tiaras, and long dresses and just being royals :)

I was not going to write about royalty, it just happened. If you want to see the latest news and pictures of royalty, this is a great site:
http://www.newmyroyals.com/

Here they are, the new royal couple




1 comment:

emtes said...

Well, as you said I'm one of them who are for the Monarchy. I don't like the options there are if you don't have a monarchy. There is president that you elect every 4 years which many countries have or you have like in some countries one that rules but calls himself president or something.
Here in Sweden most people say it's so expensive to have a royal household but the matter of fact is that we pay 13 SEK per person per year. I think that is very cheap and in fact a newspaper costs more 18SEK and that is for one. So what they are talking about I don't know.
Do they think it would be less expensive with a president? I am 1000% sure it would cost much, much more.
The cost for the wedding of Prince Carl-Philip and Princess Sofia is paid by the King himself. We the taxpayers of course have to pay for the security arrangements like the police etc. I think it's so worth it and gives Sweden a lot of publicity around the world which in the long run will lead to more tourists visiting our country thus increasing the income. So to me this is a win-win situation.

I of course saw the whole wedding from 3AM until 1AM the next morning! And I cried :-) Something I do at all weddings I attend or watch on TV. Royalty or not.

I too have been so bad writing on the blog but I have had so much to do that my free time has been sleeping :-)

Tomorrow we are off to Gotland. Me, Hasse, Danniel and Emil and we will celebrate Midsummer and stay for 10 days. Jonas is everywhere in Europe doing gigs so he can't come.

Take care and I send you and Marvin a big Midsummer hug. Love you <3

Little sis Mia :-)