Friday, May 31, 2013

Bye May, hello June!

Here's my May recap. All in all it was a good month!

Both Marvin and I had podiatrist appointments (different doctors). I can't believe how great my feet and toenails feel after being pampered by Dr Chapra.

I also had to go to the dentist. A piece of my molar broke and it was very unpleasant. I took a Xanax and had Marvin drive me to the dentist. It was a breeze, well not really, but it made things easier.. I had to get a crown.

May 12 was Mother's Day. I enjoyed spending the weekend with Lizzie and hearing from Sandy too. I already wrote about the yummies I got! I love my girls.
 
I subbed at Jersey a couple of times. I really don't enjoy subbing too much, but it's nice to go to Jersey and say hello to my teacher friends, and get hugs from "my" students. It's funny how some of them  still think I am teaching.

Marvin had a pretty good month, he's been driving the SSR and going to the store, and cooking dinner :)

This is the list of books I read:
Susan Isaacs - As husbands go

Sophie Kinsella - Wedding Night

Charity Shumway - Ten Girls to Watch

Debbie Macomber - The Inn at Rose Harbor

Elin Hilderbrand - The Beach Club

Darien Gee - The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society

Laura Florand - The Chocolate Kiss
I enjoyed all the books. It made me want to try to do some scrapbooking. The chocolate kiss takes place in Paris, a little reminiscent of Chocolat.
 
I watched these movies:
The Hot Chick (2002)
 
Someone Like You (2001)
The Oranges (2011)
I Give it a Year  (2013)
20 Bucks  (1993)
 
And finally, thru Facebook, I met the daughter of a cousin in Spain (who manages a website of the family in my mother's side), and also found a lost long time friend, Araceli.
 
One more thing..hearing about Tristan's accomplishments made me sooo happy!  Good job :)
 

1 comment:

RedRed said...

The Chocolate Kiss book is the second in a series. I just added it to my GoodReads list :)