Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day



We had a very quiet 4th of July. I did some gardening, and played with Lulu and cooked all day. Waffles and bacon for breakfast, farfalle with marinara sauce for lunch, and herb crusted loin of pork with roasted potatoes and salad. For dessert triple chocolate brownies and cherries.

Marvin was feeling OK all day, but in the evening he got cold and went to bed early. He had some problems where he gets dialysis in his arm and it was bleeding quite heavily and I had to change his bandages 3-4 times because it got blood soaked, it was a bit worrisome.  I hope he feels better in the morning.


After dark, the fireworks started in the neighborhood. I turned off the lights and sat on my recliner with Lulu. She was pretty good, she didn't bark or freak out. Last year I watched the neighbors' fireworks display in the Jacuzzi, but I felt I had to sit with Lulu, just in case.

Norbert called me before leaving to the airport. I think he is pretty excited. He has not been back to Hungary in 30 years! He will meet his 2 brothers in Budapest and also go to his hometown, and maybe to Croatia. He will fly to Paris on August 15, and meet his sister and family. He wants to go to Lourdes, and walk around Paris (where he lived a few months before coming to the US), his sister has a beach house in Palavos in the Riviera and probably will spend a few days there too. He will be back to the States on September 5th.

I will miss him. He has been very helpful since Marvin got sick, not only doing some repairs around the house and garden, but also taking me out for lunch, driving me around and just being a good listener. He's a good friend :)

I hope he has a great time in Europe!!!

No comments: