Saturday, December 18, 2010

A year older, a year wiser


Yesterday was my 67th birthday, and also my last day of school before vacation break. In the morning , the Kindergarten team got together, along with the principal to discuss our student's progress, we do that every two weeks. We take turns bringing breakfast for the team. This time it was Gloria's turn, she's from Cuba but came to the US when she was pretty young. She brought Cuban food, from a famous Cuban bakery called Portos Welcome to Porto's Bakery & Cafe Porto's Bakery. Their food is pretty similar to some Spanish foods, so I really enjoyed it.

The day before, to celebrate my birthday, we went out to lunch to Veracruz, our local Mexican place, they paid for my lunch (chile relleno and chicken taco with rice and beans, and..a Margarita) they also brought me a flan and sang Happy Birthday.

In the afternoon we had a Christmas party in my room, parents were invited too, we decorated Christmas cookies, in the shape of a Christmas tree, they spread frosting on them and added sprinkles, mini marshmallows, m&m's etc. They had fun doing it. After that we set up potato chips, Doritos, Tostitos, veggies, and different kinds of dips.

Just before leaving, they sang happy birthday to me, then we sang some Christmas Carols, and did a book exchange. I didn't have time to open all the presents they gave me, I have 22 students and I go 20 gifts...pretty good! :)

When I got home, Marvin told me my sister had called, since Mia had already called me earlier, I knew it was Nuri. I had also received a yummy box of Godiva chocolates from Sandy :) Nuri called back at 6, and we talked a long time, rather, she talked a long time lol. My friend Lolin also called, and of course I got the Sandy and Tristan and Lizzie's call singing Happy Birthday too. I missed the girls' call because Marvin and I went out to have dinner at El Cholo. They have the best tasting Margaritas. I had beef fajitas, and Marvin had chile colorado.

As we were about to leave, I turned around to get my coat on, and then I saw a jewelry box . It really surprised me because not long ago he had given me a beautiful diamond circle necklace in Big Bear, when we went there four our nephew's wedding, so I was not expecting more jewelry. It was a beautiful ring!!!!! I posted a picture of it in FB.

All in all I had a beautiful and rainy happy birth day :)

No comments: