Tuesday, July 7, 2009

...and now, my MJ turn


I watched the spectacle that was the Michael Jackson Memorial. It actually was not as gaudy as I thought it would be. Some pretty emotional moments, some of the speakers seemed to speak from the heart, and singers sang with feeling. I was not too crazy about all the civil liberties/political speeches, I am not a fan of Al Sharpton, et al, but I guess it was to be expected. Even our esteemed President had his say, and Maya Angelou wrote a poem for the occasion...
Now, I am one of the few that think he was not a child molester. There is not enough room or time to discuss it here, but I have my own opinion about it.
He was a troubled and talented man, I still have some LP's of him, his music lives on. And so does the myth.

1 comment:

emtes said...

I really thought the memorial was emotional especially Brooke Shields and of course his daughter. Not so "americanized" as I thought it would be.
I don't think either he was a child melestor and you know how we talked about that when I was with you during the trial.
His music will live forever I think and he was truly a gifted if not genious musician, dancer, artist and that is how I will remember him. He inspired many musicians Jonas being one of them.
Hugs to you all. Take care I love you :-)