Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back to jobs :)

After my musical adventure, my next job was working at a Travel Agency. It was close to my High School, so it was very convenient. I worked there after school and on weekends. I loved it! My best friend Isabel also applied for work there, so we spent a lot of time together. My job was to make "forfaits" . Travel Agencies from Europe and the US would write asking for hotel reservations and transfers for clients. I would make the hotel reservations and the transfers from the airport (or train station, or harbor, to the hotel) I also would make reservations to the bullfights, city tours etc. It was fun and I learned a lot (I also dated one of the travel agents, one of my very few Spanish boyfriends). After I graduated from High School and before I started college, I went looking for another job, preferably in another Travel Agency, where I could work longer hours.
I was sorry to leave that job, but I found another one in a Travel Agency that was run by a friend of my father. It was a bigger agency, in a great location, and I was the only girl there! I was 17 years old, and I worked there until I got married. 4 of the most fun years of my life!!!!

No comments: