Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Geneology

My brother in law Dewey is the keeper of the Wann-Moore family history. He's researched and compiled a family tree. He's done all this without the help of the Internet. He did a very through job.

Mia has started an Almstrom family tree in My Heritage.com. Of course, our father is on it, and so am I as her half sister.
I wanted to start a Wann-Perello family tree, but since I am already in Mia's tree, it won't let me make one.

So out of curiosity, I started writing some family names in Google (that's how I found out Mia was looking for me). So I wrote my mother's name, and surprise, here comes a page with her picture on it! It also was from My Heritage.com, but it belonged to the Del Arbol-Garcia family tree!

I then checked to see who was managing the site. It was the daughter of my cousin Jose Luis (Fernando's half brother). She was in Facebook and I befriended her and asked her about the family tree, she graciously invited me to see it and asked me to add to it (pictures, information etc.)

It was so interesting to me to find out about my mother's family, her sisters and brothers. Some of them I never knew about, and it even had pictures of them. And pictures of my maternal grandparents, and great grandparents. It was awesome. There's pictures of weddings, baptisms, it was cool to see some resemblances.

I will add to the tree, and I am also going to start scrapbooking. But I will tell you about this later...

No comments: