Saturday, August 25, 2018

Fun August

So far this month has been fun! :)
 I haven't written much of anything because I have been, yes, busy.
I will write a little about it, and put some pictures too. 
Tomorrow I will write about the San Diego trip :)

On August 1st I went for a nice drive with N along PCH,  and spent a lovely day at the Crystal Cove Park. It is a beautiful place with great views of the Pacific . We walked a lot almost down to the beach. It was a gorgeous day!  We had dinner at an Italian Restaurant in the way back home.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On August 7, N had to go to run an errand to San Juan Capistrano and asked me to go along. I had not been to the Mission for quite a few years so we spent the day the visiting the Mission, both the old one and the newer Basilica.

 The golden retablo, an 18.5 feet wide by 22.5 feet tall baroque altarpiece originates from Barcelona, Spain and is made of hand-carved wood with a gold leaf. 
It is estimated to be well over 330 years old.

Father Junipero Serra was a Catalan from Mallorca, and many of his writings 
at the Mission were in Catalan. This is part of the original walls and bells.

After  seeing the Mission and Basilica we were hungry. There was a Mexican Restaurant across from the Basilica so we went there, he liked his meal but I didn't care much for mine, so we decided to walk to my first choice Les Hirondelles, a nice French Restaurant with a very pretty terrace. We had dessert, one of the best creme brulees I ever had!


Our table
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On August 11, I invited some of my teacher friends for a nice evening of drinks and potluck and Jacuzzi. Six women and 2 men. I was pleased to see that the only 2 male teachers at Jersey came to my get together :) We had a lot of fun, lots of drinks, lots of food. 




Even Lulu was happy to be there!

Fun days!

2 comments: