Friday, June 22, 2018

Blah

The last few days have been rather blah for me. I did hardly anything, was bored, didn't talk to anybody and just slept and ate and drank (Pepsi)

Going to Utah was fun and I enjoyed traveling with Lizzie to Sandy's house, we had a nice time, went to a few nice places for lunch, visited the awesome gardens, got to talk to my grandson, and even  went to see Marty working on their latest house renewal.

Then I got home and it seemed very empty, actually it was empty because I didn't get Lulu until the next day. Then from the 15 to the 19, I did nothing. Well other than Library and Stater Bros.

Wednesday I went to Huntington Beach , went to the beach for a little while, fixed a couple of things in N's computer and we had dinner at "Catch of the Day" clam chowder and halibut with a macadamia crust.  Yesterday I went to the LM park, they had Concert Under the Stars, a tribute to the Beatles, they had food trucks and I got a couple of pupusas (didn't like them)  Lulu was happy walking around, but we didn't stay too long because of mosquitoes.

I guess  the first day of Summer put me in a droopy mood or something. After 26 years of working as a K teacher, followed by 6 years of taking care of Marvin, I feel a little bit displaced so to speak. It is very freeing to be able to eat what I want when I want, and go to sleep late without interruptions, and get up when I feel like it.  Other than my girls :) the only constant is Norbert. But ever since he had a bad fall he's been acting a little different, watching too much TV, gaining weight, not wanting to do much of anything. Finally he seems to be waking up a little and is going to Lake Powell next week, he has not been there for 3 years and is all excited.

Probably I'll go with Lizzie to Fresno to see Barbara play next month. Probably not my #1 choice for a road trip, but it'd be nice being with Lizzie :)   Also, sometime next month I may go see the Gengis Kahn exhibition at the Reagan Library as per Norbert's invitation.

As for other friends and family, I don't hear much about any of them. Mia puts pictures in FB and Instagram, but there's not much communication other that "like" and a few comments, same with  Sonia and Monica. I am not in FB a lot because is boring and always the same thing.   Friends, Jennifer once in a while and my neighbor Amy. I have tried meeting some people in LM but you'all know I don't like meetings and that seems to be all that's available and I don't feel very interested in any of the meeting topics. And now in Summer everybody seems to be busy going on vacation etc.

Saturday night is St John's Eve, big holiday in Catalunya with special foods, and parties and bonfires. I will try to make a "coca de San Juan"!

Love you all.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Mom - I'm sorry that you're bored. For being bored, you seem to keep yourself fairly amused, but I know that another thing you've mentioned is missing some companionship. You can call me whenever you like, if I'm available, I'll always talk with you, even if for nothing else than to just remark on how hot it is or whatever.

But, it's true that you're by yourself the majority of your time. What about engaging another creative outlet, like drawing or painting? i know you are a good artist. Or I just googled 'boredom' and found this list of random things to do. You can pick and choose different tasks that you can do: https://www.mydomaine.com/things-to-do-when-bored/slide2

Or there was this discussion that might spark an idea or two: https://www.agingcare.com/questions/activities-for-young-elders-152108.htm

There's also this list of stuff to do around La Mirada, everything is pretty nearby. Again, not everything will be a winner, but there are some parks and gardens that you might want to check out sometime: https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionsNear-g32580-d7840504-Biola_University-La_Mirada_California.html.

I love you, Mama and want you to enjoy yourself. :)