Monday, October 30, 2017

New car

For a long time, my spouse has been talking about getting a new vehicle.

I have my Ford Mustang, that I like a lot .

And we have a Dodge Dakota pickup in really good shape, with low mileage even though is 10 years old. It has no dents or scratches outside or inside. And it runs very well. And it's all paid for.
I didn't really see the need for a new vehicle and kept on saying we didn't need to trade.

As of late, he has been hinting rather broadly about the need for a new car. He thinks the hoses, etc. are getting old and maybe I will find myself driving to Huntington Beach one day and the hoses will break down and I will be stranded etc. etc.   He's also been talking to the girls about my not wanting to get a new vehicle.  So I've been hearing from them about it too.

I finally got fed up and got tired of  trying to get my point across. So I caved in and we went looking for one.

As I am now the primary driver I didn't want to get something that I would be uncomfortable driving and parking. In addition we would need  a car that is easy for Marvin to get in and out and  easy for me to put the walker inside.

The car he originally wanted was a Ford Escape. Even though he kept on saying is smaller than the pickup blah blah blah, it seemed large to me . We went to the Ford dealer and tried it on for size. He could get in and out easily, but it was hard to get the walker in as the cargo door was narrower than the walker and I had to lift it and try sideways and the lay it down. When I sat on the driver's side I thought it was too large, and I thought it might be  as hard as the pickup to park if not harder. We also checked a Ford Edge which was even bigger but easier to put the walker in, we also checked a couple of other models. We told the salesman we'd think about it. Time spend there, about 3 hours.

FORD ESCAPE



Two days later we went to the Honda dealer. I had been checking cars online and I saw one I sort of liked. They had one 2018 in red (which is the color I wanted), is smaller than the Escape, but it was easy to get in and out and the walker fit well in the cargo, and I felt comfortable in it. Marv said it be OK with him if we got that one as it was a lot roomier than he thought, so we decided to get it. We spend over 6 hours at the dealer! I hated it. Tons of paperwork  and lots of wasted time. And didn't have lunch. I understand it takes time for paperwork and finances etc, but it was waaaaay too long. I was pissed. Marvin of course was OK with it since he has limitless patiente for stuff like that. We were there before  1 and didn't leave till almost seven. We traded the pick up and used it as down payment.

We didn't take it home or test drive it. But we went back on Sunday to pick it up. They said it would be ready for us at noon. But still we had to wait over an hour for it.

So now we have a new car. It's a 2018 Honda, color is Milano Red. It has tons of electronics, cameras etc etc. It'll be a while before I understand how everything works. It drives well and looks good.

2018 Honda HRV





2 comments:

RedRed said...

Dad and I didn't talk about the car until Friday when you went to look at the Honda.

emtes said...

Love it! I think it's a great car and you will have lots of fun with it :-)
Congratulations!
But it sounded like you were in Sweden with all that paper works ;-)

Love you <3