Monday, July 28, 2014

A very sad day

On Thursday I had lunch with N in  Seal Beach, we went to Mimi's and then we walked to the end of the pier. It was a very nice day. He was a little stressed because his sisters don't approve of his fiancee.
he told me that on Friday he was going to wash his roof and clean the patio area to get it ready for the new Jacuzzi he bought.

Saturday his sister Eva called me to ask if I knew where N was. He calls her every night and he didn't call her Friday night, he kept on calling him 6 or 7 times and he didn't answer the phone so she was worried. She said she was going to drive to HB to report him missing. I told her I would drive down to his house to see if he was there and was just not answering the phone.

When I got to his house, the thing that caught my attention was a plate of strawberries left by the kitchen counter. They were moldy. Upstairs I saw the mini iPad that he uses to talk with his fiancee, I was suprised to see it there since he calls her daily. I looked at it and there were a couple of missed calls from her.

Both his neighbors were worried because he always tells them if he leaves, he had been missing for 2 days. I called Eva and she said if she had not heard from him, she would come down  and report him missing. Then i went home.

Shortly after I got home, his neighbor called me that a police had come around to say he was at the hospital victim of an accident. He was in ICU but didn't have any more information other than the Hospital name. I called the hospital and they said they couldn't give me any ionformation because I was not next of kin. The police had called Eva in Las Vegas and she said she would leave right away.

I went to the hospital, and his other neighbors were there, the nurse said  that Friday around 4:30PM he was brought by ambulance with a brain injury. But didn't know who called, or where he was, or what happened.

After a lot of investigation, we found out that somebody had called N to say their refrigerator in one of his apartments was not working right, so he went there with another neighbor and loaded the refrigerator in his pickup to get it fixed. Then the neighbor went home. 

Now this is all conjecture and maybe I'll find out more tomorrow. But we think he went to unload the refrigerator and it fell on him and he fell backwards and injured his head. We still don't know who called, or where he was at, or where his pick up is.

They are going to keep him for observation at the ICU, he's unconscious but breathing on his own, his BP is OK but he didn't show any signs of hearing me. Brain injuries are hard to pinpoint and I will advise his siter to get him to a trauma center where he may get better
care. We'll see. It's all very sad
 :(

I am thinking of sending Krista an email and let her know he's been injured, but Eva doesn't want anything to do with her and doesn't want me to call or write her, but I think he would want me too.

I'll go tomorrow and see hos he's doing...and we'll go from there... I hope he will recover.


No comments: