Friday, November 16, 2012

One of my neighbors

After reading in FB about the SUV and the person's reaction to what happened, I thought about my neighbors reaction when I hit his friend's car.

I'll start by telling you about the guy that lives right across from my house. His name is Robert and he is a nice looking guy and super friendly too. When he moved in, he came over and introduced himself, and many times when I am outside he will cross the street and talk to me, last time he did that was to show me his super cute baby shih tzu. .

I really don't know what he does for a living, or who lives in the house with him. There's a lot of coming and goings, he seems to have a few girl friends, and sometimes his little nephews play baseball in the front yard. But the most surprising thing, is the amount of cars that are parked in the driveway and the street. At any given day, there's 4-5 cars, most of them are Lexus, a couple of Mercedes, a nice Mercedes convertible, and a Maserati.

About 3 weeks ago, I was backing  out of my driveway, trying to avoid Dewey's car that he had parked very close to the driveway, and accidentally hit one of his cars parked in the street. It left a big dent in the front driver's side.

I knocked in his door and he came out and he said, oh no big deal! went inside and brought out a plunger and tried to "suck" the dent out, but it didn't work. Then he said, the car was from his girl friend and went inside to get her. She came out and looked at it and said oh! I told them that it was my fault and to have it fixed and let me know how much it cost. He said not to worry, he would take it to his car man and have it fixed, and would let me know what the damage was.

Well, I am still waiting. I see the car has been fixed, but he never came and talk to me about it, neither did the girl. I think I may just go over and find out. But  the point I was trying to make, is that people react different way, and I am glad he didn't yell at me or grabbed me and said look what you've done!

I am also glad I did not hit his Maserati!!!!

No comments: