Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Retirement Tea



Today at 3:15 PM, my school district had a Retirement Tea for the 12 retiring teachers, including me. The event was held at the Clarke Estate. They had finger sandwiches, chicken salad, fruit salad, cookies, and of course, tea.


They introduced all the retirees and we in turn introduced the people that came with us. I introduced Marvin, and friends from school, including the principal, Monica, and Jennifer, Jessica, Gloria, Carmen, Becky, Veronica, Albert and Dennis.


They gave us a gift bag with a nice personalized clock engraved with our name and years of service, and a box of See's chocolate truffles. We also got a certificate (more pictures in Facebook).


It was a nice event, even though I usually don't enjoy this type of things, especially when I am one of the honorees lol. The superintendent introduced me as the original Jersey Girl. Now they are calling me Snookie Wann lol.


In the evening, Marvin and I went to Islands for dinner :)


On Monday night the school is having a "retirement"dinner for me at El Cholo. Will let you know how that goes :)

No comments: