Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring


Winter is over, Spring is here, although some of my readers may think it's still wintertime. But in Southern California, it is definitely here. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, everything looks bright and green. Of course, living in this area we don't notice the change of seasons quite as much, but I am enjoying this Spring, and I am noticing all the new flowers and all the new leaves.
M has fixed an area for me to plant herbs, in the Fall I will try to plant some bulbs, although I never had any luck with bulbs...We also want to plant another citrus tree, maybe a mandarine or a lemon in the backyard(the lemon bush in front needs to be taken out, is not doing so well)
Saturday we went to San Diego, it was a cloudy day but the sun was shining around lunch time. It's always nice to see L & J and we had a nice visit. Of course I had to have some extraordinary dessert, yum!
Now we are looking forward to Spring Break in Utah, I hope the weather is nice, I remember last year on the day we left it was snowing quite heavily.
Here's a picture of one of my roses, I think is totally beautiful!!!!
Happy Spring to you all!

2 comments:

emtes said...

I just love that rose! So beautiful, just the way I like them before they are in full blom.
Is this the kind that smell?
Love you Mia :-)

RedRed said...

Mom probably can't smell it, poor thing.