Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bothersome leg

For about a month now I have been having some problems with my right leg. It started as a sore spot in the left side of the knee, but it started to grow worse in time.
I've been putting cold compresses, taking Ibuprofen and rubbing it with BenGay. It's not too bad during the day but it hurts more at night when I go to bed and stretch my leg it hurts. Sometimes the skin is warm to the touch and sometimes it feels a little burning.

I made an appointment with my doctor but he cancelled the day before, he went out of town! The next appointment would be in 3 weeks. I had a telephone consultation with another doctor. After explaining the problem, she thought I had pulled a muscle. Truth is, sometimes when I'm cleaning or picking up heavy stuff, rather that bending and picking it up I move it pushing it with my leg. Some boxes are heavy (like the Blue Apron ones)

I have now made another appointment with a new doctor. I changed physicians because my regular doctor is in Huntington Beach and now they have opened a new Kaiser much closer to my home so it will be easier to get to. I hope I like him and that he is a good doctor.

It maybe arthritis, since I shattered my left ankle many years ago, the doctor said I would be prone to arthritis. luckily other than a few passing problems I had no problems with it. But I wonder if this might be it. I'll let you know how it goes :)


I know October is a favorite month of my girls :) It's been hot here, but now it's cooling a little, about time!




No comments: