Saturday, July 5, 2014

2 movies

Lately I watched two Sundance movies that I thought I'd like.
Wrong!

The first one is called "Happy Christmas" it hasn't been released yet, it will be July 25. It stars Anna Kendrick, Melanie Linskey and Lena Dunham (can't stand her) and is written, produced and directed by Joe Swanberg, who also stars in it. Same one that did "Drinking Buddies". It also leaves the actors doing a lot of improvising, most of it very dull. I don't know how Rotten Tomatoes gave it an 89% score.
The only good part for me, was the 2 year old. He reminds me of Matthews my next door neighbor's son. He was the best improviser of all. He is also, in real life, the son of Joe Swanberg.


The next one is called "They Came Together" , it stars Amy Poehler (she reminds me of tia Fernanda especially in the mouth area) and Paul Rudd. It's a parody of all romantic comedies (like Airplane was of disaster movies) but it fails big time. Those 2 have no chemistry at all, and most of the stuff is totally dumbed out. Yes some things might remind you of some movie but not in a funny way. There was maybe one thing that was funny to me.
Rotten Tomatoes give it a 70%.

Tonight I will watch "The Other Woman" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Upton, it has a 23% rating at Rotten Tomatoes. Maybe I will like it better than the higher rated ones ;)

No comments: