Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Retired teachers

A friend of mine from LLCSD and I made plans to meet for lunch, we had not seen each other for years, but now she is in FB and we have reconnected. She's a very interesting person, Japanese background, never married, has traveled all over the world, very creative and wordly. I was looking forward to meeting her.

It was not to be, she told me she had forgotten there was a luncheon for a LLCSD  retired teacher that was moving back to Indiana, she asked me to go since I should know a lot of the teachers. The luncheon was at Marie Callender's in Whittier, next to Trader Joe's. So after I took Marvin to dialysis, I drove to the Restaurant.

There were about 20+ teachers, all retired, most from a school called Lakeland. I knew most of them by sight, a couple of them I was semi friendly with, a couple of them I didn't care for at all. Most of them meet for lunch regularly.

My friend, was 30 minutes late. I had said hello and talked to a few of them. Really I had not much to say, was not too interested in what they were doing, and I am sure they were not interested in me either, since we didn't socialize outside of school meetings :)

It was boring, I decided since my friend was not there, I would not stay for lunch and be somewhat uncomfortable since they all had their little clicks and sat together. So I said I had just come to say hello and left. I went outside and as I was leaving my friend drove up. So we air kissed and made plans to meet some other day for lunch.

I have a lot more fun with my Jersey pals, and with a younger crowd :)

No comments: