Sunday, March 2, 2014

Post Oscar Thoughts

I read Sandy's blog and she had some pre show predictions. Most of them accurate.

I try to watch some of the nominated movies, I saw my 2 favorites which were "Her" which won a best original screenplay, and "Nebraska" which won nothing.
I started to watch "American Hustle" and "Gravity" maybe I'll go back to them later. I may watch "The Wolf of Wall Street" mainly because Tristan loves Leo di Caprio and is rather surprised that I have never seen one of his movie, that's right, not even Titanic. I don't think I will watch  "Captain Phillips" and "Philomena" or "Dallas Buyer Club". And even though I usually watch the one that wins the Oscar, I don't think I'll watch "12 Years a Slave" it doesn't mean much to me since it's not something I can relate with.

There were not many surprises, all the actors and actresses were the same ones that won Golden Globes (but for Lupita). Gravity  won  a lot of Oscars including best director, but not the best movie. And American Hustle did not do much of anything.

My best song didn't win either..."The Moon Song" from "Her"

Ellen deGeneres had some good moments and some meh ones. I guess my favorite (along with more than a million people in Twitter) was the group selfie.
I thought the pizza one fell a bit flat, although I hope the pizza guy got the tips.

The show was LONG! 3 and a half hours. They could have trimmed it by one hour, I think. But it's always a fun show to watch! 



No comments: