Monday, March 17, 2014

Earthquake!

We had a shaky beginning in Los Angeles area, at 6:25AM there was a 4.4 magnitude earthquake ( I didn't feel it since I was sleeep). It was the topic of conversation all day, all TV stations were talking about it. I think most of you may have seen the KTLA TV anchors' reaction when the quake struck. They did exactly what you are supposed to do in an earthquake, and that is to get under a table and cover your head, but it was just priceless watching the surprised/scared look of the male anchor Chris Schauble.

Just in case you didn't see it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiB7ny52-xw

Other than the earthquake, it was another great day, warm and sunshiny. I met 2 teacher friends in Huntington Beach and we went  out to lunch at Slapfish Restaurant www.slapfishrestaurant.com/ I had clam chowder and fish and chips.

After lunch we walked to the pier, the beach was full! and then we walked downtown HB and had some dessert at  http://bruxie.com/   it was very good!

When i got home I went to get a few groceries, and got some Irish soda bread and Irish butter and had it for a late snack. It was yummy.

 



No comments: