Wednesday, March 12, 2014

An update

I took Marvin to his doctor to have his leg checked, it seems like something bit him and he had an infection on his leg. He's in antibiotics now and the doctor hopes it will stop from spreading, it is sore and red from his ankle to his knee.

About my family's pictures...

I only  got to know my father's mother, we called her yaya. When my mom and dad married, she was a widow and went to live with them. Besides being our grandmother, she was a live-in babysitter for my sister and me.
When my father went to America after WWII and basically lost all his money, my mother was forced to move from our beautiful house in Bonanova and we moved with yaya niece's family and yaya did most of the shopping and cooking .We lived in the Taxonera for a year or so, after that, my father came back and we rented an apartment in Roca i Batlle, where I lived until I got married. Yaya stayed there with my parents until her death.


My mother and father's wedding took place June 24, 1940 in Barcelona

Tomorrow I will post Marvin's grandparents and parents.

No comments: