Thursday, February 13, 2014

This and That

I have been watching the Olympics, it bothers me a little that is not live, unless you watch it online, and of course I have to  know who wins medals before I watch the programs. Kudos to the USA team that won gold, silver and bronze in the Freestyle Skiing Men's Ski Slopestyle.

I have also been watching movies, I'm trying to watch most of the nominees for Oscars in any categories. Last night I watched "Nebraska", surprisingly enough I enjoyed it very much. I was not sure I'd like it. I was telling Marvin about the movie, the funny parts and the not so funny. I even got all misty telling himj about the ending of the movie.

Today when we got home from dialysis, the UPS man left a package by the door. It was from Shari's Berries. I opened it and it was from Marvin, a dozen beautiful chocolate dipped strawberries. I don't know if they were not packed right or what, but the box was bent and some of the fruit was broken, but it still tasted wonderful. That was a nice surprise! :)

Tomorrow I have a podiatry appointment, and after that I am meeting Norbert at El Torito for lunch. He's been wanting to sell his Corvette because he doesn't use it at all, so I advertised it at Craig's List for $28,000. It's a 2002 model but with only 3000 miles, it spent the time in the garage. In a matter of a couple of days he sold it for the full price. I think I should get a commision :)

Looking forward to seeing Lizzie this weekend!
 
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY  everybody!
 




2 comments:

emtes said...

Great price for the Corvette. Here in Sweden that same car with that miles would have cost somewhere between $57000 and up to $114000!

That was so thoughtful and nice of Marvin to get you those fruits. They looked yummie. I got the roses, as you saw, and I gave Hasse a cruise to Helsinki :-)

Hope you have a great weekend

emtes said...

Puss och kram fran din syster Mia <3

(I don't know why this wasn't in the message, I did write it)