Thursday, July 18, 2013

Going to the doctor & other stuff

We went to Urgent Care today to have Marvin's leg checked. He's been having lots of pain in the upper left thigh that causes much trouble walking.

The doctor was a very young Indian woman, and asked him where it hurt and she said that's the groin area and you  seem to have pulled a ligament. She asked about the pain from 1 to 10, 10 being highest, and he said 8-9, so she prescribed a pain pill and said to keep his leg elevated and rest.

In the afternoon I went to my dentist to see about my dry mouth, and difficulty swallowing. He said usually  some prescription pills would cause dry mouth, even though I have not been taking any new ones lately. Anyway he gave me some mouthwash and toothpaste and jelly to put in my tongue. And lo and behold is a lot better already! :)

A couple of weeks ago we had the gardener pull out out old  lavender bushes by the driveway because they were getting too old and woody. Then I bought some more lavender plants and had them plant them. Well they are all dying :(  Even though I watered them they are turning yellow and drying up (I may need Hasse's green thumb!). I'm upset because I always have had good luck with lavender. Now I don't know what to plant instead!

Our tomatoes are not doing great this year, but we pick one or two every day, enough for a salad. The peppers are doing a lot better.

The house seems pretty empty without Tristan. We miss him, and so does Lulu. I think he had fun while he stayed here, especially longboarding at the beach :)



No comments: