Thursday, November 8, 2012

Old Friends

The phone rang. I saw the call came from my friend Lolin, but when I answered, it was not her voice. It was some woman asking me if I remembered her.

Since the call came from Lolin, my first guess was...Pepita?  that is the name of her sister that also lives in the US.

It was Pepita, not her sister, but a common friend of us from Barcelona. She lived in our same neighborhood, and we went to school together. It was a little shocking to realize we had not seen or talked to each other for 50 years!

The curious thing is, she is my "twin". We were born on the same day, month and year. And we are both named Josefa (or Pepita) which is the same name.

Another funny thing is she was married to Lolin's father, for a few months! Long story...

She is in Virgina visiting Lolin for a while, after all she is  her stepmother lol

Here's a picture when we were in school (I was about 11 years old, Pepita is next to me with the long braid, Lolin is not in the picture). Notice that all the kids were told to put their arms behind their backs to have the school picture taken. Who are the two girls that didn't listen? yep, the Perello sisters  :)



1 comment:

RedRed said...

That's a good story!