Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spring signs & news

I planted 3 tomato plants on Sunday. One Early Girl, one Better Boy and one Roma. I planted them in the hanging planters and I hope they do well but yesterday I  had to spray them because I saw a bug eating the leaves, grrrrr. I was ready to discard the pepper planter from last year, when to my surprise I saw that there were 2 pepper plants still growing, so I hanged that one too.


It feels like Spring with all flowers blooming and because of the rain this week, things look lush and green. The lemon tree I planted not long ago already has many miniature lemons, nice! My roses were cut down for the winter and are now blooming nicely :)

I also went to Lowes and bought a few plants to plant in pots. Zinnia and libelia and geraniums. Some of last year's bulbs are also blooming, tulips, grape hyacinth and daffodils. I've never been lucky with bulbs but this year they seem to be doing well. Unfortunately, Lulu was caught digging up some of them!

I sub in Kindergarten again yesterday. I enjoy doing it once in a while, but I hate to wake up that early! It's funny some of the kids I used to have in kinder they think I am still working and I was on vacation or something lol.

And now for the news. Christina and Rick have a baby boy, Jameson Lee. He was born at 9:45PM today. Mom and baby are doing fine. Bettie called me a little while ago to let us know :)

Now Jeff will have someone to share a birthday with!






















No comments: