Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Class of '60 - Part Deux

I sent the ring. I wrote a little note and scanned an old picture of me, from that year.

This evening, my iPhone rang and I answered and somebody said, is this Fefa? I said yes, and he said I'm Oli. I am calling to tell you I got the ring and to thank you.

We talked for a while and he said when I called the first time he remembered who I was right away, but when he got the picture it really took him back to Barcelona and meeting me.

He said it was May 1962 (so I was 18). He remembers my telling him that my father was in the Travel business, and that I was working in a Travel Agency at that time (true). He also remembered going to a movie with me and my mother, to see West Side Story.

He asked me why I kept his ring all this time (51 years). He sounded happy to have it back.

We talked a little longer, he is married, has 4 children and 13 grandchildren (not much to do in South Dakota lol). 

I asked him if he was in Facebook, he said he doesn't have a computer, but if he gets one he'll look me up.

We reminisce a little more ( he said he waited to call me when his wife was out of the house, she had gone to some school function of one of the grandkids)
I thought that was funny. Could she be jealous?  ;)

It was sweet.

No comments: