Thursday, November 16, 2017

Time Flies

Just a week before Thanks giving! November seems to fly by fast.

Marv was sick on Nov 8, I had gone to get a haircut and when I came home he was not feeling well at all. Next day he woke up disoriented, not wanting to go to dialysis, and I couldn't even talk to him, so I decided to call 911.  The firemen, medic, ambulance, first responders in general trooped right in and checked his vitals and everything was good. They wanted to take him to a hospital but I asked them to help me get him in my car and I'd take him to the ER, and so they did.

(Just as an aside, those first responders were fine!)

At the ER they checked him in right away, no waiting. I was happy about it. They kept asking his birth date, his name, if he knew where he was etc. He still had some trouble putting words together but the one thing he couldn't remember was the year. After several tests, they found he didn't have a stroke, but he had some pneumonia, so they kept him overnight. Then they kept him for a couple more days and released him on Sunday. Now he's feeling pretty well, back to normal :)

Lizzie was here and she was good company for me and we went out to lunch a few times, and she helped me when he got home. We also kept in touch with Sandy by texting her. I think is hard for her when she lives far and cannot come as often as she'd like. A good thing with today's electronics you can keep in touch and talk and have face time, and be able to be in touch at any time

When I came to the US, the only way to be in touch with my parents was by regular mail, and that took a few days, also by phone but it was pretty expensive. It was very hard for me not to be able to be there when my father was knifed and in the hospital, or just at any other time for the good things and the bad things. It would have been great to have what we have now...

One last thing...I like our new car. It's nice, looks good, is roomy, it handles well. Good choice!



No comments: