Monday, May 8, 2017

First week in May

I've been somewhat stressed for the last couple of weeks, mainly because I was not feeling well, and  I was not very hungry and nothing tasted right. So On May 2nd I went to Portos and got me some treats, that cheered me up some. Then I've been wanting to go to the beach and get my feet wet but mainly just to get out of the house and my usual routine. I kept postponing for one reason or another. So on Saturday I made up my mind to go to Seal Beach.

I called Norbert to see if he wanted to meet me for lunch, and surely he said yes. That morning, as I was taking Marv to the clinic, it started raining! I  was going to call N and cancel, but then I said, heck I'm going, so I did.

Is only 28 minutes drive from the clinic to Long Beach. We went to have lunch at Acapulco, and because it was raining we sat inside. I had a coupon for an appetizer, so we had guacamole made at the table, I had tacos al pastor and he had carnitas. My Margarita was not the best one, I should have had a Cadillac!

After lunch we went for a drive to Seal Beach. I didn't get my feet wet but it was nice seeing the Ocean in the rain. Then we went to Gelson's and had the decadent chocolate bomb. It was so good.

It was nice getting out of La Mirada :)

When I went to pick up Marvin I noticed Norbert's wallet in my truck. It must have dropped when he was giving me my goodies for the day (1 pepsi, 1 bottle of water, 1 can of  piña colada. 1 small tube of toothpaste and 1 toothbrush). I called him and he said he would come in an hour to get it, and would stop by Home Depot to get batteries for my smoke alarms (they had been beeping annoyingly for a few days). And so he did.

I had not had time to make anything for dinner and asked Marv what he felt like eating, his choice was baked ziti from Agrusa so I ordered that and some stracciatella chicken soup for me. On the way out to get it, I stopped by my neighbor's to ask them to please turn off the outside lights
 that shined on my room all night, happily he agreed to turn them off.

Today Sunday, Marv is still not feeling too well (will have a blood transfusion Tuesday) so I went grocery shopping . Then I took care of my garden and when it started raining with thunder and lighting, I decided to take a nap. We all did, including Lulu.

Tonight I watched a movie "A Dog's Purpose". I read the book a couple of years ago and I cried. I didn't want to watch the movie because I knew I would cry too, and so I did.

A long block about nothing really, I just felt like writing :)



2 comments:

Lizzie said...

not about nothing, I'm glad you were able to break up your routine a bit!

emtes said...

It seems like you have had bad weather recently but the ocean is always the ocean and it's nice to come out and see something else. I remember Acapulco and the hot day we had when we were there. Very nice :-) Say hi to Norbert from me when you talk to him :-)
I hope Marvin will feel better after Tuesday. Give him a hug from me.
And I send you tons of hugs
Love you, Mia <3