Friday, April 28, 2017

A Poetry Month

I have very much enjoyed reading all the poems and Haikus Lizzie had been posting in her blog, and also the ones in the mail. Is not easy to write poetry, to expose your thoughts and words and ideas. I liked some of the ones not written by Lizzie, but hers talk to me, made me feel closer to her.

I will write one day about my mother love of poetry and how pleased she was that her grandaughter loved poetry too. But today I just want to  post a poem by Spanish poet Antonio Machado (born in Sevilla 1875), I really like one of his poems "Caminante no hay camino". It's been on mi mind a lot lately. A famous catalan singer Joan Manuel Serrat, put it to music and is beautiful. Here's the poem, And below is the  You Tube of the song.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DA3pRht2MA



Is hard to translate poetry I think, and keep the meaning. The poem is about making your own path and learning by your mistakes,

This is the whole poem   https://www.latino-poemas.net/modules/publisher2/article.php?storyid=1115

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I tried to translate it, but it is difficult to get the same meaning as the poet intended
it's nice though