Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Guacamole

We all love guacamole. I think my favorite was the guacamole I had while watching the Utah Jazz playing, it was made exactly to my taste, and there was lots of it and I could eat as much as I wanted, and it was free :)

There's so many ways to make guacamole. I like it best when the avocado is the star. I don't like to mix it with mayonnaise or sour cream. The simpler the better.

A good guacamole is the one they serve at Chipotle. We like it! They have recently put the recipe on their website and here it is:



THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:

2 ripe Hass avocados
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeƱo, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt

HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.

For a complete chips-and-dip experience, serve guacamole with tortilla chips that have been tossed with lime juice and a sprinkling of salt.

Of course you can get it directly from the website, and they have some cool gifs showing how it's made, here's the site : https://chipotle.com/guac-recipe



ENJOY!!!

PS California Hass avocados are the best!


1 comment:

RedRed said...

Man! Now I want to go to Chipotle.