Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dinner date ;)

Tonight I had a dinner date. My date picked me up at 6 and we went to a Mexican restaurant in La Mirada called Mexico 1900. We both had Margaritas with our meal. We talked a lot and laughed, and we stayed for about 2 hours, and enjoyed ourselves and decided we'd have another dinner date soon.

Who was my date you ask?  It was my next door neighbor Amy :)  She said she needed a break from her kids and had her husband babysit them.


Sandy has been posting travel quotes and that made me think of my cousin Franc (son of tia Socorro and tio Franco, he has been on a 3 and a half monts trip and is today returning to Munich, where he lives. He's a very interesting man. He, his wife Eva and his young son visited us in Idaho for a couple of days. I remember him doing yoga in the hallway. He's a lecturer in computer sciences and a big yoga practitioner.

He started his trip from Munich to LA to Hawaii, he went to a Zen retreat in Hawaii. After that he went to French Polynesia, Tonga, American Samoa, Fiji, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Australia and Thailand. He went by himself, trying to find his IT. He practiced yoga, taught some classes, and mingled with the natives. He's posted tons of pictures in Facebook . Most of the time he went "native" but a few times he went to nice resorts.  Last December he went to Singapur, Jakarta, Borneo and Bali.


 
The guide was wearing a Barcelona FC Tshirt :)

2 comments:

RedRed said...

I remember him doing yoga in the hallway, also. What does his wife think of him going away on vacation for 3 months?

Kteach said...

Probably happy to have him out of her way for a while :)