Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Big Waves!

Yesterday  there were big giant waves in Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, and other coastal areas of Southern California.

Today the waves were pretty high too, so I went down to HB and had lunch with Norbert in Seal Beach, and then we went to the beach for a while. There were quite a lot of people, many children building sandcastles and just playing in the sand, lots were flying kites. It was a bit windy.

 I was wearing shorts and I wanted to get my feet wet. I jumped when the waves came to shore, and was amazed at the height of some of them  but when they broke at the shore they were not that big anymore.

Then I turned around about the time a big wave came, and it just left me quite wet , I ran towards the sand and almost stepped and almost fell in some  towers the kids were building. They were not amused :)

lots of seaweed!

I had fun!

3 comments:

Pappy1 said...

It's a good day when JP can get her feet wet in the ocean. All is good.

RedRed said...

Those big waves were probably a result of the typhoon near Japan.

emtes said...

Ah sounds really nice :-) Where did you had your lunch? Looks like you had a lot of fun. You got more wet then than when we were there?

I wish so much I was near the ocean now! We have a heatwave hear and today it was 31,5C which is 88,7F and that is high here I can tell you. We have had it for days now and at nights it still is around 71F. We don't have AC so I have so much trouble sleeping, just tossing around. On top of that we will have a super moon on Saturday.

Hope you have fun and say hi to everyone from me.
Big hugs and kisses from your sis
Mia :-) Love you!