Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Weekend

As I said in my last post, I went to the podiatrist (my feet are looking good!), thn I met Norbert for lunch. As I was getting out of my car he came and said Happy Valentine and gave me an envelope. Inside was a check for $500.00 with a note saying, thank you for helping me sell my beloved Corvette.

I thought it was a nice gesture (I had been hinting somewhat kiddingly, that I should get a commision), especially for him being a very tight Hungarian. But I gave it back because all I did was put the ad in Craig's List, and he's helped us
many times and done stuff for us so I didn't think it was right to keep it.
 Do you think i was right in refusing it?  :)

Anyway we had a very nice lunch, his birthday is Wednesday, the same day as our Anniversary. He's going to Catalina because the ferry trip is free on your birthday, so is like a tradition for him to go on his birthday. Marvin and I will got to The Fish Company for a late lunc, I hope they have monkfish!

Lizzie came this weekend and it's always nice to have her here, we went to lunch to a funky old fish Restaurant, and Marvin fixed catfish for dinner, which was much better than the fish at the Restaurant. Sunday we had  out regular Sunday breakfast, and steak and garlic mayo for dinner.

Now i'm watching Jimmy Fallon, becauyse of the Olympics it didn't start until midnight, but I wanted to see how he did in his first day as Tonight host.

And now a tag I made in honor of the Olympics in the Category of curling (The Swedish women are doing well in curling) ;)



1 comment:

emtes said...

Is Norbert on Facebook? If he isn't would you say Happy Birthday to him from me, please!
And what about you and Marvin. Did I hear 49 years? Could that even be possible since you look so young. Next year the big Gold anniversary. Anyway I wish you both every happiness and I hope you have a great day.
Puss och kram from your sis
Mia <3