Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today was Mother's Day in the US. I call these days Hallmark Card Days, but it is always nice to make it a little special :)

I am the lucky mother of two of the best daughters ever! they are beautiful, intelligent and just plain great. Lizzie came over this weekend, Sandy  lives a little too far to make it to California, but she tries to come as often as she can :)

On Saturday, Lizzie took Marvin to dialysis, and then when we came home we tried to decide a place to go eat. We settled for GBurgers in La Habra. It was great! The burgers tasted really good, I had the Caprese Burger with tomato, avocado, fresh basil,mozzarella and garlic alioli, Lizzie had a cheese burger, and we shared garlic Parmesan fries.

When we got home, there was a package waiting for me, it was a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from Lizzie!

For dinner we had breaded pork and croquetas. Lizzie brought some cake from Extraordinary cakes in San Diego. I ate a slice of banana cake. Very good. We each also had a chocolate strawberry :)

Sunday morning, Marvin woke me up saying breakfast was ready. I also heard some voices, I got up and Jeff was there too! He had stopped by on his way from central California to San Diego. He brought some great cookies too. http://shop.brownbuttercookies.com/ He didn't stay for breakfast because he had a gig in San Diego, but it was nice to see him.

Marvin had cooked chocolate chip waffles in a buttermilk batter and crisp bacon, and freshly squeezed orange juice from our orange tree. It was yummy!

Sandy called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I was so happy to hear from her , she said she was going for a bike ride as the day in SLC was very nice.

For an early dinner Lizzie made guacamole for an appetizer and also deviled eggs. Marvin cooked green beans, boiled potatoes , garlic mayonnaise, and fillet Mignon. For dessert we had raspberry chocolate cake. Delicious dinner!!!

All in all it was a very nice Mother's Day. Thanks Lizzie and Sandy and Marvin for making it so special :)



2 comments:

RedRed said...

Wish I could have been there!

Kteach said...

me too!